JAMESON FIND YOUR AUDIENCE AWARD
The Jameson FIND Your Audience Award includes a cash grant of $50,000 designed to assist the winning filmmaker with building the audience for his or her with qualifying feature film.
- Applicant must be the director or producer of a recent feature – narrative or documentary – that has not yet received significant distribution.
- Applicants must either be either (a) alumni of Film Independent’s Artist Development programs; (b) alumni of the Los Angeles Film Festival; (c) a past Spirit Award nominee or winner; or (d) solicited by Film Independent.
- Films with innovative marketing and distribution plans are encouraged to apply.
- All submitted films must be at least 55 minutes long.
- Submitted films must be made for no more than $2.5 million, including post.
- All submitted films must be American features, whether documentary or narrative. We define a U.S. film by its key creative components. If two of the three key creative positions (director, writer, producer) are U.S. citizens or permanent residents of the U.S., then the film qualifies as a U.S. feature—no matter what language or country the film is made in. Every film that isn’t a U.S. feature (as defined above) is foreign and ineligible for the grant.
- Applicants must be current Film Independent members.
- Applicants must be legal residents of the United States.
- Film must have premiered at a Festival between September 1, 2011 and August 31, 2012.
APPLICATIONS ARE NOW CLOSED
How to Apply
To be considered for the Jameson FIND Your Audience Award, qualifying filmmakers must submit an online application on the Film Independent website during the application period. Applicants must submit the online application, which includes:
- Cover letter explaining your interest in the grant
- Detailed written plan outlining how the filmmaker(s) would spend the grant to assist with the release of their film
- Project status and history, including festivals played, cities the film has screened in, summary of any exposure the film has received
- Three (3) DVD copies of film.
- Logline and synopsis
- Bios of key cast and crew attached
- Copies of Press clippings and reviews the film has received to date
- $35 application fee
Film Independent will review all submissions and select a maximum of three finalists and one winner of the grant. The Winner will be highlighted at the Film Independent Spirit Awards.
Film Independent employs the following guidelines in making its selections:
- Uniqueness of vision
- Original, provocative subject matter
- Economy of means
- Percentage of financing from independent sources
- Well-conceived plan for how to use the grant funds to maximize the audience for one’s film.
Overseeing the Award
Film Independent staff will oversee the distribution of funds to the winning filmmaker, and will monitor the way in which those funds are used. Grant recipients will be required to submit a progress report three months, and then again six months, from the date of the grant award.