How To Apply
Applications for Project Involve are currently closed
As part of the multi-year partnership with the FOX | HBCU Media Alliance (FHMA), all current FHMA members are encouraged to apply for Project Involve. One FHMA member with a verifiable affiliation with an HBCU as a student, alumni, faculty and/or staff member will be considered for the FHMA Film Fellowship, a $10,000 unrestricted grant.
Overseen by the Fox Audience Strategy department, FHMA leverages the collective resources unique to Fox’s multi-dimensional entities – film, television and sports – to promote professional advancement and other opportunities for African-Americans in media and entertainment. Membership in the Alliance is open to all current HBCU students, alumni, faculty and/or staff members, and friends of HBCUs.
Visit www.foxhbcualliance.com for more information about FHMA and how to become a member.
Project Involve accepts applications in the following categories:
- Filmmaking Tracks: Cinematography, Directing, Documentary, Editing, Producing, Screenwriting (We no longer require Letters of Recommendation for Filmmaking Tracks)
- Industry Tracks: Acquisitions/Distribution, Development, Film Programming
Please complete the online application and fulfill the requirements below for your specific track to be considered:
- Writer: 1) One completed feature length script; 2) Professional resume
- Director/Producer: 1) One film work sample (completed feature film or short film); 2) Professional resume
- Editor/Cinematographer: 1) One film work sample (completed feature film, short film or music video); 2) Professional resume
- Industry Tracks: 1) Industry-relevant experience (education/internships/applicable work in the industry accepted); 2) Two letters of professional recommendation; 3) Professional resume; 4) Film critique (information detailed in FAQ section)
- Non-refundable application fee: $45 Film Independent Member; $65 Non-Member
- Non-Member applicants accepted into Project Involve are required to become current Film Independent Members at the standard rate of $95 or above
Los Angeles residency requirement:
We accept applications from filmmakers all over the world. However, due to the ongoing monthly workshops, and other major events, it is essential that the selected Fellows reside in the Los Angeles vicinity during the duration of the program. Film Independent does not provide housing.
Got questions? We’ve got answers. Click here for our Project Involve FAQ.