EFILM | Company 3 Feature Film Grant
The EFILM | Company 3 Feature Film Grant is a program for Film Independent Fellows, alumni of the LA Film Festival and Film Independent Spirit Award Nominees.
Film Independent will select a qualified filmmaker who will receive up to $50,000 in color correction and digital intermediate services for his or her narrative or documentary feature film.
- Applicants must be the director, producer, cinematographer or editor of a narrative or documentary feature in post-production by the application deadline.
- Applicants must be either: A) alumni of Film Independent’s Artist Development programs; B) alumni of the LA Film Festival; C) a past Film Independent Spirit Award Nominee; or D) solicited by Film Independent.
- A rough edit of the film must be submitted with the application.
- If awarded, grant winner(s) must be, or become, a current Film Independent Member.
For more information on the application deadline please visit our applications page.
How to Apply
To be considered for the EFILM | Company 3 Feature Film Grant, qualifying filmmakers must apply on the Film Independent website. Applicants must complete the online application form, which includes:
- $65 application fee; $45 for current Film Independent Members
- Cover letter explaining your interest in the award and why you feel an EFILM | Company 3 color finishing package is best suited to your production needs and artistic vision
- Director’s statement
- Cinematographer’s statement
- Detailed written plan for project’s post-production timeline, financing and festival strategy
- Project status and history, including any awards the project has received, artist development programs the project has participated in, etc.
- Top-sheet of budget
- Assembly edit of the full film
- A copy of the script/transcript
- Logline and synopsis
- Bios of key cast and crew
Filmmaker understands that if selected, in order to receive the grant, he or she will be required to sign an agreement with EFILM | Company 3 and Film Independent allowing them access to assets and to capture testimonials (print, photo and video) in conjunction with this program for promotional purposes. EFILM | Company 3 and Film Independent will work with filmmakers to ensure public release of these materials is aligned with the film’s marketing and PR strategy.
Filmmakers will recognize EFILM | Company 3 and Film Independent in the end credits of the film with the official EFILM | Company 3 and Film Independent logos everywhere the film is exhibited.
- Ingesting timeline of conformed project with a total runtime of up to 90 minutes
- Data I/O management
- Digital drop-ins VFX and re-delivered shots
- 2D 2K color finishing process
- Color and output to file or tape format
- 2D Digital Cinema Package including DCDM and DCP
- HD Quicktimes
Filmmaker will provide fully conformed project and EDL for color correction. Co3 will color and output necessary deliverables. Delivery will be 1 x HDSR/File Format. Co3 will convert film color to D-Cinema color space and output 1 x DCP.
Grant recipient will be chosen by EFILM | Company 3 and Film Independent.
If you have questions or need more information, please contact Angel Kristi Williams, Artist Development Associate: [email protected].