At Film Independent, we recognize that theatrical screenings provide the ideal experience for viewing Spirit Award-nominated films.
PLEASE NOTE: All January 28 screenings (BPM (Beats Per Minute); The Rider; I Am Not a Witch; I, Tonya) have been rescheduled for February 3 at their original times. If you registered for any of these screenings, your RSVPs are still valid – you do not need to RSVP again. View the Spirit Awards Events section of our website for more details.
The 2018 Film Independent Spirit Awards Nominee Screening Series is free and exclusively for voting Members of Film Independent. This year, screenings will take place at ArcLight Cinemas Culver City in Los Angeles.
Membership card and ID are required for admittance. Members are allowed to bring one guest; voting Members receive priority access. Seating on a first-come, first-served basis; guests will be admitted only if seating is available. Please see below for more details and check back often for updates, changes, cast/crew Q&A info, etc.
Film Independent Members are required to RSVP to each screening they wish to attend. An event page for each screening will be available a minimum of one week in advance of its scheduled start time — Please visit our Events page to RSVP, beginning the first week of January 2018.
Spirit Awards Screenings
ArcLight Cinemas Culver City is the official host of the 2018 Film Independent Spirit Awards Nominee Screening Series.
View ArcLight Culver City parking and transportation information.
Featured Q&As and Conversations
- January 20 — Columbus with producers Giulia Caruso and Ki Jin Kim and cinematographer Elisha Christian
- January 20 — Life and nothing more with writer/director Antonio Méndez Esparza
- January 24 — Oh Lucy! with director/producer Atsuko Hirayanagi
- January 26 — The Big Sick with co-writers Emily V. Gordon and Kumail Nanjiani
- January 27 — Motherland with director/producer Ramona S. Diaz and producer Rey Cuerdo
- January 30 — Ingrid Goes West with director Matt Spicer and co-writer David Branson Smith
- January 31 — Donald Cried with co-writer Kyle Espeleta
- February 2 — Get Out with writer/director Jordan Peele and actors Betty Gabriel and Bradley Whitford
- February 3 — I, Tonya with director Craig Gillespie, actor Margot Robbie and editor Tatiana S. Riegel
Q&As/conversations will take place at the conclusion of the screenings listed above. This list is subject to change at any time, without prior notice.
View all Screening Series dates, times and info:
Don’t forget! Film Independent Members are required to RSVP for each screening they wish to attend. Visit our Events area to RSVP for currently available screenings and check back often as the series continues.