Become a Spirit Awards volunteer and be a part of independent film's premier event!
Volunteer registration for the 2017 Film Independent Spirit Awards is closed.
Each year we have a high volume of applicants and only a limited number of positions. In order for you to qualify to volunteer for the 2017 Film Independent Spirit Awards, you must meet all of the following criteria:
1. Attend one MANDATORY Volunteer Interview
- Thursday, December 8, 2016 – 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm
- Saturday, December 10, 2016 – 12:00 pm to 2:00 pm
- Wednesday, January 11, 2017 – 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm
You may sign up for a Volunteer Interview by navigating your Shiftboard calendar to December 2016. Location and parking info will become available after you have chosen your date/time.
NEW FOR 2017: In order to be considered for a 2017 Spirit Awards volunteer position, please come prepared with typed or neatly written answers to the following questions:
- Why should you be chosen as a volunteer for the Film Independent Spirit Awards?
- What do you hope to walk away from this experience with?
- What is your ultimate career goal?
- If you have ever met and/or worked with a celebrity, what was that experience like?
2. Work at least two screening shifts during the Nominee Screening Series between Friday, January 13 and Saturday, January 28, 2017 (weekday evenings and weekends)
3. Be available Friday, February 24 and Sunday, February 26, 2017 (morning, afternoon and evening)
4. Be available Saturday, February 25, 2017 (morning and afternoon)
Thank you for your interest and we look forward to seeing you at a volunteer interview!
– 2017 Film Independent Spirit Awards Volunteer Department