Film Independent Forum
2016 FILM INDEPENDENT FORUM
Film Independent Member pre-sale registration is now open.
Click below to get started.
Want to become a Member? Learn more.
Non-Member registration begins Tuesday, September 6.
Taking place October 21-23 at the Directors Guild of America in Los Angeles, the Film Independent Forum is a weekend packed with real-world case studies, practical solutions, off-the-record discussions and unique networking opportunities to help independent filmmakers make, sell, distribute and market their projects.
In frank, honest discussions, the most successful indie filmmakers and execs share insider advice on how films get made, bought and sold. Topics covered include getting the most out of your budget, avoiding the pitfalls of production and navigating new distribution models.
Past speakers have included:
- Jason Blum and his team at Blumhouse Productions
- Jon Chu (Step Up 3D, G.I. Joe: Retaliation)
- Ava DuVernay (Selma, Middle of Nowhere)
- Ted Hope, Producer and Head of Motion Picture Production at Amazon Studios
- Tim League, Founder of Alamo Drafthouse
- Ted Sarandos, CCO, Netflix
- Lynn Shelton (Laggies, Humpday)
- Jill Soloway (Transparent, Afternoon Delight)
The Forum kicks off with a preview screening of a major independent film, followed by a weekend that includes networking lunches with prominent industry professionals and one-on-one meetings with experts from every realm of the independent film community. Attendees also receive a book of detailed case studies of the latest independent films.