Picture Shop Feature Film Grant
The Picture Shop Feature Film Grant is open to all filmmakers who meet the criteria listed in our eligibility section below.
Film Independent will select a qualified filmmaker who will receive up to $50,000 in color correction and digital intermediate services for their narrative feature film.
- Applicants must be the director, producer, cinematographer or editor of a feature-length fiction in post-production by the application deadline.
- A rough edit of the film must be submitted with the application.
- If awarded, grant winner(s) must be, or become, a current Film Independent Member.
- If awarded, grant winner(s) must use Picture Shop services.
For more information on the application deadline please visit our applications page.
How to Apply
To be considered for the Picture Shop Feature Film Grant, qualifying filmmakers must apply on the Film Independent website. Applicants must complete the online application form, which includes:
- $25 application fee
- Cover letter explaining your interest in the award and why you feel a Picture Shop color finishing package is best suited to your production needs and artistic vision
- Artistic statement
- Cinematographer’s statement
- Plan for project’s post-production timeline, financing and festival strategy
- Project status and history, including any awards the project has received, artist development programs the project has participated in, etc.
- Top-sheet of budget
- Assembly edit of the full film
- A copy of the script/transcript
- Logline and synopsis
- Bios of key cast and crew
Filmmaker understands that if selected, in order to receive the grant, they will be required to sign an agreement with Picture Shop and Film Independent, and must use Picture Shop’s color correction and digital intermediate services.
In addition, they must allow Picture Shop and Film Independent access to assets and to capture testimonials (print, photo and video) in conjunction with this program for promotional purposes. Picture Shop and Film Independent will work with filmmakers to ensure public release of these materials is aligned with the film’s marketing and PR strategy.
Filmmakers will recognize Picture Shop, Streamland Media’s picture division, and Film Independent in the end credits of the film with the official Picture Shop and Film Independent logos everywhere the film is exhibited.
As the recipient of this year’s grant, your project will receive:
- Ingesting original camera masters used in locked project
- x1 Unsupervised Online Conform
- I/O Data Management
- x8 hours of online drop ins for VFX shots (used for drop ins only, any change in timing would constitute a reconform at additional cost)
- 22D 4K Rec709 Color Correction – x40 hour package to be completed on calibrated Sony X300 monitor
- x1 Final Credits build (main, MOE, and End Cards) & application (end crawl at additional cost); subtitles are not included in titling package and filmmakers are responsible for all subtitles/subtitling)
- x1 Final master color render
- 1 2D Digital Cinema Package including DCDM and DCP
- x1 ProRes Quicktime
Filmmaker will provide full online turnover delivered to Picture Shop standard turnover specs (turnover guide provided based on offline editorial workflow/platform). Any additional scope of work beyond the above will be negotiated at Picture Shop standard/market rates. Grant package does NOT include any overtime or weekend work – all work will be completed on straight time with schedule dependent on artist availability.
Grant recipient will be chosen by Picture Shop and Film Independent.
If you have questions or need more information, please email us at email@example.com.
Picture Shop is Streamland Media’s picture division.
Grant supported by