Nominations & Eligibility
Applications to Global Media Makers will be considered by nomination only.
Qualified applicants must:
1) Be a citizen and/or current resident of one of the 14 eligible program countries:
- Saudi Arabia
- Sri Lanka
- United Arab Emirates (UAE)
U.S. citizens, residents or green card holders are not eligible for this program.
2) Be mid-career filmmakers with one to three completed projects (or more) in film, television and/or serial web content as writer, producer or director. Recent college graduates from the classes of 2019 and 2020 are not eligible for the LA Residency but can benefit from Film Independent’s follow-up Workshop Trips presented in their country.
3) Submit information about a project currently in advanced development or production that addresses issues of local importance in the applicant’s home country or South Asia.
4) Fiction filmmakers must have a completed screenplay or teleplay and documentary filmmakers must have a fully formed proposal and footage.
5) Proficiency in English is required to participate in the programs, as it will be the common language used. All materials must be submitted in English.
Selected participants are required to focus on and develop the project with which they applied to the program. Global Media Makers cannot support projects that have not been reviewed by the program’s selection committee.
GMM will contact qualified nominated candidates with instructions and a link to an online application form.
Candidates may apply as individuals or as two-person creative teams comprised of writers, directors and producers only. Preference will be given to creative teams, but individuals will also be considered and are encouraged to apply.
Please note: Selected participants must attend the full length of the program in LA. GMM fully covers the costs of the program, including transportation and accommodation, for selected participants. Participants may not be accompanied by family members or dependents.
For inquiries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.